Wednesday, March 12, 2008

 

Good Advice, But Too Late

With Gov. Spitzer's crimes and infidelity in the news, a private eye offers some timely advice on how not to get caught doing such things. I can think of an even better way to avoid being caught with a call-girl, though. My father always told me that the best way to avoid being killed in a bar fight was to not be in the bar. I think something similar might have applied here.

The private eye's last comment that some of the NY State Troopers had to have known what was going on and that as a result the scandal will grow even bigger is interesting. I don't know if I believe that, however. The average New Yorker may already assume that their State Troopers are in the habit of looking the other way when powerful people (or one of their own) does something wrong. I doubt many politicians will make a stink over the troopers being quick to cover up for one of the state's power elite, just in case they need such "discretion" themselves one day. Reporters don't have the attention span to stick with the story. At most, I fear, the crimes of the State Troopers in abetting Gov. Spitzer's activities will produce a few indignant posts in the blogosphere. I'd like to be proven wrong about that, though.

Tags:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?